ACES Editing Boot Camp, Portland, Ore.
Oct. 16 @ 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Travel Portland, 1000 S.W. Broadway, Suite 2300
If you’re an editor or edit as part of your job, the American Copy Editors Society offers a daylong “Editing Boot Camp” that can help you polish your skills. Each workshop is taught by knowledgeable and experienced presenters.
The Editing Boot Camp workshop covers the following topics:
* Why editing is important (and how to convince your bosses)
* Grammar and punctuation basics
* Commonly confused and misused words
* Elements of proofreading
* Clarity: smoothing out dense or garbled prose, streamlining copy
* Accuracy: checking facts and sources, ensuring charts/graphics are correct, identifying and filling in missing information
* Headlines: writing clear, informative display type in print and online (including SEO)
* Style: why you need a style guide
This workshop is sponsored in part by:
A UC San Diego extension copyediting course will be raffled off at our workshop.
The cost is $95 for members, $150 for nonmembers. If you're not a member now, become one by signing up here, then return to sign up for this workshop as a member. Nonmembers can start by entering your email address as a new user below.